Heartland Outdoorsman
August 23, 2014, 12:43:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHrimp & Crab Stuffed Perch  (Read 1573 times)
Al Mudhill
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2004, 09:33:22 AM »

(Sorry for the vagueness of the amounts used, I just go by eyeballing and smell, try to make enough stuffing to cover all the fillets with about 1 - 1½ inch of stuffing. adding salt and pepper to taste as you go along should go without saying...but I will anyway!)

Line a baking pan with HEAVY DUTY aluminum foil (makes clean-up easier)

melt a big dab of butter in pan (enough to line entire bottom of pan)

line pan with a mess of Jumbo Perch Fillets or just about any other fish you like as long as it's white, Walleye rocks!!! (don't be afraid to stack them two or three high if they are smaller)

chop and sauté equal parts Celery and Green Onions in butter until translucent and lightly browned.

to this add chopped raw shrimp and lump crabmeat (about 2 shrimp per serving size, with crab meat to equal amount of shrimp used)

fresh breadcrumbs (equal to the amount of other combined ingredients)

sauté until shrimp start to opaque

add whipped egg/milk with 1 teaspoon of whole milk per egg used, stir continuously until egg just starts to set up

cover fillets with stuffing mixture, drizzle with fresh Lemon juice, and place under broiler until stuffing is lightly browned and fillets just start to crumble under a fork. ( if fish isn't cooked to your liking leave it in the oven turned off for a minute or so but remember....fish cooks fast! )

serve with your favorite side dish i.e.. my special hushpuppy cornbread and baked beans, and lots of cold Beer!

Don't get none on your forehead or your tongue will slap you silly tryin' to get up at it!

P.S. I guess Olive oil could be substituted for the butter, but I've never tried it and therefore can not recommend it's use.

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression.
In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains
seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we
must be aware of change in the air, however slight,
lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.
Mike Clifford
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 03:19:55 PM »

Don't get none on your forehead or your tongue will slap you silly tryin' to get up at it!

P.S. I guess Olive oil could be substituted for the butter, but I've never tried it and therefore can not recommend it's use.

:Y  :

About that Olive oil.....
Do ya think that maybe because you don't use it might have sumthin to do with your present  physical condition??
We all love butter...but, I mean.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: