Heartland Outdoorsman
November 21, 2014, 06:46:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eating fish.....  (Read 2248 times)
Fishingislife

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2004, 08:50:22 PM »

Eating fish..................
reduces hypertension and lowers the risk of depression. Several studies have confirmed the link between fish intake and a happier outlook on life. Some experts believe that fish oil blocks the abnormal signaling in the brain that is present in mania and depression.

Thanks to the DNR for the info.

Born to fish, forced to work!
Fishaholic
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 08:59:02 PM »

If that's true, I should be the only guy in Advertising Business with no stress... :D
DELETED
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 07:42:49 AM »

DELETED
MT Net
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 07:49:49 AM »

I fully understand where you're coming from, Montana.  I wouldn't eat any fish in the metro area here.  Srictly CPR - Catch, Photo, Release.

Yet, at the same time, I feel silly about this it seems sort of hypocritical.  I eat plenty of vegetables, and grains from farms that drop tons of heracides, pesticide, and other chemicals on the fields to promote growth, and kill of weeds and pests.  

Same with the beef and dairy industry, beef and milk filled with growth hormones, and who knows what else.

Support Bacteria. 
They're the only culture some people have.
Fishaholic
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 07:52:12 AM »

if you're that picky, then there's probably nothing you'll eat anymore...start looking at what's in the products you make your daily food out of then; beef, pork and poultry won't be any good for you if you find out what they feed them; most produce in the store is fed unnatural fertilizers, and sprayed with toxic chemicals and even dyes to make them more appealing; canned goods are full of all kinds of bad things; as are boxed goods...even your drinking water if taken from a city source or a well is tainted.

All fish, no matter where they're raised and in what type of environment have some form of pollution in em...as does everything else...

So tell me true...what's left for you to eat?
DELETED
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 08:01:03 AM »

DELETED
Fishaholic
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 08:08:36 AM »

if you fillet the fish and remove the fat, it's no different than the food on the store shelves...sometimes I think you argue purely for the sport of arguing.
DELETED
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 08:28:19 AM »

DELETED
Fishaholic
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 08:33:10 AM »

How good is your memory...

10 years ago, they said don't drink whole milk, it's bad for you and can lead to cancer...now they say, drink whole milk it has more benefits than we realized.

about 8 years ago, they said don't eat raw eggs, make sure they're thoroughly cooked...bs

look you can't take all the toxins out of all the food, I don't care how you prepare it...but the reality is this...I think you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.
DELETED
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 08:33:47 AM »

DELETED
DELETED
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 08:35:26 AM »

DELETED
Fishaholic
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 08:42:30 AM »

I talked to a DNR guy about the term advisory...he told me that they can't tell people to cut off the fat, because most of the people who fish don't even know how to fillet a fish, much less remove the fat; so, what they do instead, is tell them NOT to eat the fish.

As to fish over 27"...specifically Lake Trout...
I rarely take a fish over 22 inches to eat anyway...smaller fish taste better than larger fish...period.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: